The Residence S. Marta was created from the recovery of the real estate between the Piazza S. Marta and Via Manzoni, in the heart of the historic center of Bellano.
The architectural flavor of the ancient palace is from the 1600’s and has a stone staircase that intersects with a Belle Epoque complex and tower that until the 1960s hosted the district prison with its adjacent Magistrates Court. The reconstruction focused on recovering and repositioning many of the varied historic construction details, like internal cloisters, iron works and stone detailing, and adding modern touches and technological features. The benefit of private parking spaces within the Residence S. Marta further qualifies the building work and will not alter the viability of the nearby Piazza S. Giorgio.
The Residence S. Marta will be the heart of the historic center of Bellano.